Friday, September 9, 2011

The first four weeks

    We are on Day 20 of homeschooling. I am counting the days like when your kids are little and you say she is  14 weeks instead of about 3 months. Then you say 17 months instead of about a year and a half.  No one really cares..just say she is one and people will think she is super big but really smart. 


    Anyway, we are about 4 weeks into this and I have to say I like it. I love the flexibility and Sarah seems pretty happy. It is hard to tell because she is generally a happy kid, but so far so good. We are meeting some other families who homeschool and they mirror the general Catholic school community we came from. Some crazy nuts, some overzealous, well tanned skinny moms, some wear it on your sleeve Christians (who I hope are praying for me because I am sort of winging it.) but mostly just great down to earth parents who are just trying to do what is best for their family. In case you were wondering, I consider myself the latter.


  Everyday I do wake up a little scared that I will screw her up.  I worry that I will forget to teach her something. She will go to High School and not know where France is and we will both look like Idiots. Oh Crap, I totally forgot to teach  Europe. Then they will come to my house and take my stupid child away. I don't know who they are, but that is the way I fear this could play out.


Although I am still nervous, I know Monday Day 21 is going to be great!

No comments:

Post a Comment