Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Own It

Well the word is starting to get out that we are Homeschooling. It is really touchy because you want to state your reasons without criticizing the public of private schools. But really, why am I stating reasons at all.  I feel like I have to defend or justify my decision not only to everyone else but also to myself. As I hear myself speak it seems very almost defensive, like I am gearing up for resistance and honestly no one has given me any.  Everyone has been so supportive and nice, so why do I feel like I have to explain everything.  I need to just Own it and move on. Make a decision and be confident and move forward. I should take this lesson from Sarah who is so cool with everything and so far has no doubts. I feel also like I am just waiting for the day when she says that she doesn't want to do it. How can she want to leave such a great place? Maybe it is not as great as I think it is. I shouldn't discount her school because I have been really happy there and If homeschooling doesn't work out, we would love to go back. Can we do that? I don't know.

No comments:

Post a Comment