Thursday, June 9, 2011

The first day of Summer

Today was the first day of Summer Vacation and it began with rain and 60 degree temperatures coming off of a brutally hot week. I heard my first "Im Bored" today which was a little surprising being that it is the first day and all. The problem was solved when friends began arriving at the door so they could all be bored together.


 On Monday we begin our first day of fifth grade. Although the summer will be a modified school day it will at least get the ball rolling.  I think we will work from a minimum of 2 hours a day in the summer. 10-12 am seems like a good schedule at first, after swim team practice and before the pool opens at noon. Like everything it will be trial and error at first.  I am reading The Well Trained Mind  which is a guide to classical homeschooling. I will post my opinions as I get into it. It seems a little overwhelming at first but pretty comprehensive.

No comments:

Post a Comment