Wednesday, June 29, 2011

little breakthroughs

Ahhh Summer. I'll admit is is hard to do school in the Summer but really what are they doing all day.  Once swim team is over there will be a lot of hours to fill. Today we worked on writing, which I think will prove to be our biggest challenge. It is hard to write and it takes a lot of patience. Sarah and I are not known for our patience so I think this will be interesting. The revising and editing process is particularly difficult for her. Her mind wanders,  she gets bored and she just wants to put down anything to get it over with.  I can understand her frustration because it is frustrating.  We fight and today she cried a little but in the end she said to me " Oh I guess I can do it myself" This is a huge breakthrough. Sarah thinks she is unable to finish the work without a ridiculous amount of help. What she calls help is basically giving her the answers.  When she finally does accomplish the work on her own she feels proud, even if it is not perfect.  I feel proud too.

No comments:

Post a Comment