Friday, June 10, 2011

Little House

     Sarah finished reading Little House in the Big Woods yesterday. Her assignment was to write a paragraph about Mary and Laura's  relationship and compare it to her own with her sister Jessica. The paragraph was adorable. She wrote that she couldn't really compare it because she and Jessica get along perfectly and are so alike.
    We are trying to write often so that eventually it is not overwhelming.  After I gave her the assignment this morning, she just sat at the table and when I asked what was wrong she said that she didn't understand it. I said "you can ask me if you don't understand something" She just smiled. I think she is so used to just trying to figure it out and getting frustrated that it didn't even occur to her to ask for help. She often asks for help when she actually knows the answer to things but I think she is really just asking for affirmation.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment