Sunday, March 4, 2012

I Hate, I mean Love, No, I Hate TV.

So I have been casually writing this blog for a few months and no one really knows about it, but low and behold, I received a comment, Thank you Linda! I was so excited that I told my husband and he said "You have a blog?". Anyway, it inspired me to write more than one post a month.


 I gave up TV for lent so I have a little extra downtime. I've read about 4 books so far. Makes you think, how much TV did I watch? And speaking of TV..It is for sure my nemesis. Sarah would rather watch TV than do anything..it is like a drug to her. I sympathize because I love it too but it is bad, really bad, specifically because we watch bad TV. Dance Moms and Real Housewives and MSNBC are my vices and I feel so guilty that I have somehow passed this onto my daughter. Her addiction is in the form of the Disney Channel, and you know those little starlets are just one step away from celebrity rehab with Dr Drew.  I have tried limiting it to one hour a day, and man that hour goes fast. I have to admit it is a challenge.  There are theories that kids with ADHD should not watch much TV. Unless you are watching Nova, no kid should watch more than an hour a day. It is like gluten, everyone feels healthier without it , but ooh I do love a good breadstick.


During the day, the TV never comes on before 3 o clock and that I do stick to. While Homeschooling, it is nice that it is never part of the conversation.  I know that sounds kind of lame but it's all I got.   I know a lot of parents have similar issues with video games of which we have none. Yep, no Wii , no X Box..nothing, I like to keep our TV clean and simple. Just a box with 125 choices..I am a purist for sure.


So for the next 32 or so Days I will sacrifice..It is the very least I can do..You know. Is it true that Sundays are not part of Lent.?.Never-mind I think I know the answer...

No comments:

Post a Comment