Sunday, March 18, 2012

Spring!

       Something oddly wonderful and a little unnerving is happening in Chicago. It is mid March and Spring had sprung. I don't mean it is peaking through the sky to say hello, I mean it is here in full force sitting on my deck waiting for the burgers to be done. The tulips are sprouting and the trees are flowering and everyone is confused and a little giddy. Shorts and tank tops adorn the whitest of arms and legs and no one cares! It Spring!  Neighbors are outside commenting on how much the toddlers grew over the winter..but really what winter. The snow blower still has gas in it and the firewood was hardly touched. Chicago, you should be ashamed of yourself. You call that a winter. This is a town where Easter egg hunts are often snowed out and  the last frost may come just shy of Mother's Day. But I forgive you for this  blip, this anomaly this pleasant surprise and hope you don't take it out on us in Summer. For now, all I can say is Thank you Mother Nature! For once I get to  go on Spring Break even if it is in my own back yard!

1 comment:

  1. wish you a happy spring Maureen :) May your life be filled with happiness like the spring filled with flowers :)

    ReplyDelete