Monday, March 26, 2012

Spring Break Lite

       After a lot of conversation, Sarah has convinced me that she needs a spring break. It wasn't that hard a sell because I need a Spring break too. Of course the weather is Chicago decided to turn back to seasonably March, just in time. We have a busy homeschool week planned with the usual activities but we will forgo our typical schedule. Compromise is becoming my middle name. Until I moved to the midwest, I thought Spring break really just applied to college students in fort lauderdale. Times have changed, College kids go to Cancun and families everywhere take elaborate vacations to Disney world and beyond. We are not a spring break family but this week we may sleep a little later, see a few movies and relax a bit.  


         This week Sarah will go to science club where the topic is organic chemistry, Cooking club where she will present her project on Ireland, take a maple syrup field trip and  participate in an Archery lesson. She will serve Mass twice. Between this busy schedule we will try to visit with friends and take a little break from school .


     We are also on day 5 of our Gluten free experiment. I think it is making a difference with Sarah but I oddly enough feel worse..maybe I am intolerant to corn or rice...if so, I am screwed. The good thing is we haven't eaten out in a week, which is good because gluten free food is crazy expensive. Come on!!..8 oz of pasta for $5.00. Of course, the smart way to do it is just eat healthy fruits and vegetables instead of a bowl of Chex cereal and a diet coke for breakfast...I can't understand why I don't feel better.  

1 comment: