Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Learning on the go

Today is a perfect example of learning on the go. We  began our day at home with Spelling power a little math and pancakes. At 9:15, I had a Doctors appointment and Sarah read in the waiting room. ( I know, I was shocked too..I fully expected her to be doing handstands in the reception area..but she was reading!) At 10 am we got gas, a snack at the gas station (diet coke and donuts..don't judge) and we're off to the Library.

We will work on more Math until 11:15 when we are off the cooking club. The presentation today is by Madeline who will be presenting on Australia and the kids will make and eat Australian food. In true fashion Sarah will not eat anything but will finish up the donuts that have been sitting in the car, on the way home. I will run an errand during the club and fill my body with lots of coffee (Decaf of course). Cooking club is over at 1:30 and although I always say we will work in the afternoon, it never happens. We arrive home about 2pm , Sarah will practice Piano while scowling and at 5:00 Sarah will serve 5 o clock Mass. I will host my grown up book club at 7 pm where we will discuss Lost and Found..Don't bother reading it was not that good. Of course I am an expert because I read 3 books a week now. So that is our day.

I am counting Cooking club as Social studies and Alter Serving as Religion and Math as Math.

1 comment:

  1. I loved loved loved your post. I chuckled several times. I loved the diet coke and donuts (don't judge)comment. It sounds like the perfect homeschooling day - alot of "authentic" learning. Well done!

    ReplyDelete