Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Oh Happy Day!

It is never a good thing when a store closes, jobs are lost and communities suffer, but I have to say if it is going to happen, I am so glad I got there early. Some may not know this about me, but I have a thing for office supply stores. Some women like shoes or chocolate but I crave file folders and colored paper.


Today was a happy day for me. The Office Max in a nearby town is going out of business....I just lost my breath a little thinking about it.  I heard the news and jumped in the car to drive 30 minutes in rush hour. My adrenalin was pumping. YES! I got there and the whole store was 50% off (excluding computer stuff..but who cares about that). Folders, highlighters, binders, paper, pens and the holy grail..Post-its. For those of you who are amateurs, you should know that the best you will ever do on post-its is buy 1 get 1 half off. The sales associate asked me if he could help me and I explained that I needed to do this my way. He understood.  I circled once to access and then proceeded down each aisle. At the checkout..It just got even better..the candy and diet coke was 50% off too!!


I love the thought of getting organized without actually ever being organized. Weird I know.. I will always crave the perfect home office and home school.  Maybe my  desire to home school is deeply routed in the thought of school supply shopping all year long. Maybe I am just looking for an excuse and Sarah is just my pawn in this game. I Once thought of working at an Office Max but felt that if I saw the inner workings, it would taint my memories. I feared they would put me in copy max and I would have to listen to some lame customer complain about their  business cards, all the while the sharpies needed to be straightened and colorized. All fantasies aside, it was a great day. Oh did I mention that after dinner I went back for more.... I now get to sort everything ..It is going a long (and fun ) night.



1 comment:

  1. a mixture of happy and sad feelings :D "all is well that ends well". great post Maureen

    ReplyDelete